JOB OPENING: Facility Maintenance Associate
Position Status: Full Time
Salary Grade: $13.00-$18.00
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Safely maintain facilities, monitor basic functions of HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical/Lighting. Performs minor repairs, routine preventative maintenance on facilities and associated tasks as assigned by Facility Manager. Works well independently as well as with the team. Ensures all needed cleaning and operational materials are kept in stock.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned).
- Ensures facility support equipment is kept in working order, notify Facility Manager of equipment issues/outages.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical, tools and power equipment in performance of duties
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Inform Facility Manager when need arises to order or purchase supplies, materials as needed.
- Assemble/disassembles/move furniture and supplies as needed.
- Able to address internal maintenance issues such as: touch-up painting, minor plumbing, light bulb replacement, cleaning of AC coils, office fixture installation, etc.
- Open/close tickets in work order management system.
- Assist with event setup for public spaces as needed.
- Ensure facility supplies are stocked (restrooms, break rooms, coffee stations)
- Assist with maintaining facility cleanliness.
- Complete projects and other duties as assigned.
OUTLOOK NEBRASKA COMPETENCIES
- Analytical – Collects and researches data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback
- Judgement – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes projects on time.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality/Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Reading and writing skills required
- English Language
- Maintenance Skills/Background
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must have the ability to stay on task with little to no supervision.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent