JOB OPENING: Machine Operator 1, 2
Position Status: Full Time
Salary Grade: $15.50 – $17.50, $17.50 – $19.50
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position requires the operation of a variety of machines including but not limited to Re-Winders, Core Machines, Dust collection system, and log saws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned).
Machine Operator 1
- Able to assist other shifts to maintain development and production goals
- Able to run 7.1, 702G or Bretting Multi-Fold for daily operations
- Able to perform inspections of machine and moving parts
- Able to load parent rolls into the machine
- Able to physically climb through the machine safely for startup operations
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess basic math and reading skills
- Able to provide written detailed documentation of product specification reporting
- Meet the daily team goals based upon information provided by the converting facilitator
- Ensures all products meet the Outlook Nebraska quality standards through constant checks and written recordings
- Ensures all of the necessary information is communicated to other team members
- Participates in training meetings as needed for safety, quality, or other needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Able to assist other shifts on short notice in order to maintain production demands
- Able to setup and run 7.1, 702 G or Bretting Multi-Fold for daily operations
- Able to monitor and set up core machine, auto feed hoppers, manual hoppers, and log saw
- Able to perform minor machine maintenance as necessary or directed
- Able to adjust all aspects of the machine to correct quality or running ability of the machine. To include log saw, accumulator, perforation blades, ply-bonders, back stands, emboss, core machine and any other areas of the re-winder.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Machine Operator 2
- Must accomplish the advanced level in Operator 1 on either the 701 & 702 G.
- Must be able to run multiple pieces of primary and/or secondary converting equipment at an essential level.
OUTLOOK NEBRASKA COMPETENCIES
- Analytical – Collects and researches data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback
- Judgement – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes projects on time.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality/Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, asks for and offers help when needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Must possess interpersonal relationship skills in working with a diverse group