JOB OPENING: Business Solutions Support Center / Lead Agent
Position Status: Full Time
Salary Grade: $15.50 – $21.00
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Business Solutions Support Center (BSSC) Lead Agent’s (SCLA) primary responsibility is to assist with the efficient overall operation of the BSSC with knowledge and operational leadership needs of the Center’s associates. The SCLA works in concert with the BSSC Reps to insure efficiency and achieving the operational performance Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the BSSC. Activities include ensuring that inbound and outbound calls and emails are handled in a fast, efficient, and in a customer orientated fashion. The SCLA must ensure that data is input in an accurate and timely manner into various systems to insure the successful experience of the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned).
- Responsible for work assignments being completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Works with BSSC Leadership to Schedule, assign and distribute work among BSSC team based on their skills and work experiences.
- Reviews work of associate’s assignments to ensure quality and productivity standards are achieved and maintained. Collaborates with associates to identify and correct work not meeting standards.
- Works with department management to establish realistic quality and productivity standards for assigned employees.
- Collaborates with assigned staff in handling and resolving more difficult and less routine customer relations challenges.
- Responsible for implementing policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility. Ensures all policies and procedures are communicated and understood by all BSSC team members.
- Recommends new or revised procedures and practices to increase the effectiveness of the BSSC’s services.
- In conjunction with department management, participates in various human resource management activities including interviewing and making recommendations on job selections, training and evaluating the BSSC associates.
- Completes standard reports and prepares summaries of BSSC’s activities according to established schedules.
- Work requires the ability to interpret company policies in situations requiring judgment and persuasion, negotiate with customers, oversee and evaluate the performance of other associates, or perform other duties requiring a comparable level of communication skills.
- Ability to effectively evaluate the performance of the contact center workforce.
- Have considerable knowledge of effective management principles.
- Ability to interact with the public as well as internal customers to resolve customer service challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Working knowledge of personal computer report writing applications helpful.
- If Visually Impaired must be proficient with the Adaptive Technology (JAWS, Zoom Text) they will be utilizing to perform the requirements of the position.
OUTLOOK LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans, able to multi-task and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; collaborates well between team members and departments.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.