JOB OPENING: Inventory Associate
Position Status: Full Time
Salary Grade: $13.00-$18.00
FLSA Classification: Non Exempt – receives overtime
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Operate industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials around a warehouse, factory, or similar location. Periodically operates man lift/scissors lift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned).
1. Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
2. Performs the operation of the shrink wrap machine.
3. Assembles orders onto pallets for finished warehousing and shipping.
4. Coordinates with logistics facilitator to ensure effectiveness of all shipping and receiving tasks.
5. Must have a basic understanding of products and processes used to produce tissue products.
6. Ensures all products meet the Outlook Nebraska quality standards.
OUTLOOK LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
1. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
2. Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
3. Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
4. Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
5. Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
6. Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback.
7. Judgement – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
8. Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes projects on time.
9. Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
10. Quality/Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
11. Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
12. Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
13. Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed
1. Able to complete forklift operating certification
2. Basic math and reading skills