JOB OPENING: Customer Success Supervisor
Position Status: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Outlook Nebraska is seeking a detail-oriented leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and experience building teams for our new Business Solutions Center. The Customer Success Supervisor leads a team of 10-18 Customer Success Associates for this new line of business with an established not-for-profit company. The ideal candidate will have proven success in providing high level care to customers and teaching others to do the same, with an eye toward quality, efficiency and fiscal responsibility. This ground-floor opportunity will have a key role in the growth of this business line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned).
- Schedule, assign and distribute work among Customer Success Associates based on their skills and work experiences.
- Supervise work of assigned Customer Success Associates to ensure quality and productivity standards are achieved and maintained.
- Ensure work assignments are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with Customer Success Associates to identify and correct work not meeting standards.
- Work with department management to establish realistic quality and productivity standards for assigned Customer Success Associates.
- Work with assigned staff in handling and resolving more difficult and less routine customer challenges.
- Implement, administer and communicate policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility.
- Recommend new or revised procedures and practices to increase the effectiveness of the Business Solutions Center.
- Analyze Business Solutions Center data and develop performance metrics and reports.
- Work with Business Development Manager to close sales.
- In conjunction with department management, participate in human resource management activities including interviewing and making recommendations on job candidates; orienting training and evaluating employees; and participating in the disciplinary process, if necessary.
- Conduct performance appraisal reviews.
- Complete standards reports and prepare summaries of unit activities according to established schedules.
- Manage Business Support Center client data, including uploading lists to campaign management system and maintaining data integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to interpret company policies in situations requiring judgment and persuasion; negotiate with customers; oversee and evaluate the performance of other associates; and perform other duties requiring a comparable level of communication skills.
- Ability to effectively evaluate the performance of the Customer Success Associates .
- Considerable knowledge of effective management principles.
- Ability to interact with the public as well as internal customers to resolve customer service challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computer report writing applications.
- If Visually Impaired, must be proficient in Adaptive Technology (JAWS, Zoom Text) needed to perform the requirements of the position.
OUTLOOK LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans, able to multi-task and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; collaborates well between team members and departments.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve departmental goals.
- Verbal / Nonverbal Communication – Conveys easily and quickly any message; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens attentively and seeks clarification; responds well to questions; maintain professional nonverbal communication related to situation
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively with a high level of sophistication; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret complex written information.
- Presentation Skills – Presents clearly and informatively, easily maintaining audience attention and responding to audience needs; able to facilitate discussion, progress effectively, and manage audience as needed
- 3 to 5 years of call center experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years of experience leading in a team environment.